Arai Keerai - அரை கீரை
- Amaranth possess dietary fiber, which helps in enhancing digestion. The fiber present in amaranth not only quickens digestion, but it also lowers cholesterol levels.
- The grain of amaranth is excellent in the pursuit of weight loss. Its high-protein content with the complex carbohydrate structure makes it a favored food for weight loss. This protein is not accompanied with fat or cholesterol. The high fiber in amaranth also keeps you full longer.
- The oils in amaranth have been shown to help prevent and treat those with hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- Regular consumption of amaranth can reduce cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure.
- Amaranth has been noted to help boost the body’s immune system.
- Amaranth is also a very popular grain with people who suffer from diabetes. The high-fiber content of the food makes it a low GI or glycemic index food, and a food suited to people who eat a balanced diet to control their glucose levels. This grain makes for a healthy, high energy breakfast for diabetics.
- The leaves of amaranth make great home remedies to stop hair problems. A paste of these leaves can prevent premature graying and even hair loss. The juice of fresh amaranth leaves maintains the hair texture and adds a gloss, making your hair soft and manageable and helps in hair-loss treatment.
- Amaranth leaves are also a wonderful astringent, and make a great wash for skin problems like eczema, and a wonderful acne remedy. Amaranth also makes an effective mouthwash for treating mouth sores, swollen gums, and sore throat.